This 3-day virtual workshop features various winemaking topics to help get you in the harvest mindset and orient your future winemaking decisions.
While this workshop will review fundamental winemaking practices that all winery operations should be following, we’ll also explore several winemaking topics that are a bit more advanced. Therefore, while it is encouraged that you have some winemaking background to attend the workshop, it is not required.
Are you ready to make 2023 your best harvest yet?!
Then join us! Let’s make all that effort that took place in the vineyard worth it, and focus on our winemaking prowess!
Date/Time and Registration
Days: Tuesday, July 31 to Aug 2, 2023
Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM, EST (Join us over lunch!)
DGW Clients: Free
DGW Elite Members: $100
DGW Insiders: $157
Members, be sure to sign in to receive discounted pricing.
Will Q&A be included? Yes. Each day includes a period of Q&A time, and attendees are encouraged to submit their questions in advance if they desire!
What will we learn?
This workshop will cover:
- A review on wine styles: know what you are making
- Fruit chemistry and assessment
- Making pre-fermentation adjustments (best practices)
- Pre-fermentation processing options including green juice/brown juice options for whites, crush/destem vs. whole cluster pressing, rosé wine style options, and tannin adjustments for red wines
- Inoculation procedures (best practices)
- Production operations and process flow for white/rosé and red wine fermentations
- Monitoring primary fermentation (best practices)
- Inoculating and monitoring malolactic fermentation, MLF (best practices)
- Stabilization post-fermentation or post-MLF (best practices and reminders)
- Preparing for pre-bottling operations