What am I doing… NOW?
Last updated: 05-22-2020
No fluff. No social media. Just now.
In a “work from home” setting until further notice.
As with most of the world, work took a solid left turn in March of this year.
So now, I am figuring out service changes and pivoting into new frontiers with help from the Momentum group under the guidance of Jenny Blake. (Jenny is an awesome resource for new graduates and entrepreneurs.) All, at a much slower pace than my “normal” due to our daily life schedules.
My life is now a literal daily game of balancing both work and personal life.
My husband and I do a lot of “pass the baby” in between our working hours. We fill in to complete tasks on weekends. We make sure the baby gets attention when she is awake, but then we rush to complete a lot of tasks in those short nap periods. (Other parents will know how fleeting that time is on a daily basis.) ?
And somewhere in all of that, we’re also trying to set aside time for us to take care of ourselves mentally and physically.
So here are some things I’ve been reading, watching, and listening to over the last months:
We don’t get to watch a lot of TV with an infant. But when we do, here’s what I’ve been watching to keep my spirits up in a time of great change:
- Schitt’s Creek: It’s endearingly hilarious.
- The Crown: I love a good drama series about the royals.
- Impractical Jokers: Good, silly, mindless fun.
- Conan: One of my favorite comedians and I truly appreciate how new episodes aren’t about the political structure during the pandemic.
Reading has not been something I am able to complete as easily as I had been. But, here’s one I have been working through
- Why Bother: Discover the Desire for What’s Next by Jennifer Louden
Here is where most of my energy goes. I listen to podcasts whenever I have a free moment: making dinner, cleaning up at the end of the day, rocking the baby to sleep (the talking voices definitely speed up that process!), and even while getting ready. Here are some of my favorites:
- Science Vs.
- Every Little Thing (There are 2 episodes on here where Flora reaches out to people during the pandemic: Essential Workers Call In and Old Life, This One’s For You. They will move you to tears with so many emotions all at once.)
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend
- The Happiness Lab
- Pivot with Jenny Blake
- The New Corner Office
Hoping you are all able to find small corners of joy through these changes. Wishing you all good health and positive spirits through these uncertain times.