“YAN, Part 1” discusses the chemical components of YAN is and how YAN contributes to wine quality beyond being an indicator for fermentation nutrition.
“YAN, Part 2” reviews when winemakers can sample must/juice for YAN analysis. It also covers analytical options for measuring YAN.
This presentation, “YAN, Part 3: Adjusting YAN during Fermentation” reviews quality risks affiliated with low, medium, and high YAN musts/juices, and fermentation nutrient supplementation strategies.
- Additional fermentation considerations that contribute to YAN needs during fermentation.
- Wine quality risks for “low,” “medium,” and “high” YAN musts/juices.
- Methods available for measuring YAN at the winery.
- Reviewing 2020 nutrient supplementation strategies provided by Enartis, Scott Labs, and Laffort.
- Action items for the winemaker to better manage nutrient supplementation during fermentation.
Video length: 43 minutes…