How Does YAN Affect Wine Quality?
Yeast assimilable nitrogen (YAN) is constantly discussed in the wine industry. Yet, many winemakers need help understanding YAN and its importance.
- Explains the nitrogen components that make up YAN.
- Discusses the sources of YAN during primary fermentation.
- Reviews variability surrounding YAN.
- Explains how YAN contributes to wine quality.
- Reviews the sulfate reduction pathway in yeast.
- Discusses nitrogen needs for MLF.
- Action items for the winemaker to better manage YAN during primary fermentation.
Video length: 38 minutes…
Access reserved for Denise Gardner Winemaking Members and Consulting Clients.