- Look at a series of photos from winery laboratories across the U.S.
- Identify positive features in those labs.
- Identify weak points in those labs.
- Discuss wine lab features every winery should consider when developing, remodeling, or designing the laboratory space at the winery.
- Outline the importance of measuring certain chemical and microbiological parameters of wine.
- Break down the most essential measurements wineries should measure and monitor in fruit/juice/must, after primary fermentation, after MLF, throughout storage, and pre-bottling.
- A timeline for when wines should be sampled that winemakers can use at the winery.
- The Cellar Tool, Production Guide: Juice / Wine Analysis Recommendations provides a printable table that illustrates when to conduct analyses described in this lesson.
Video length: 1 hour, 3 minutes…
Access reserved for Denise Gardner Winemaking Members and Consulting Clients.