- Regulation associated with sulfur dioxide.
- Why managing sulfur dioxide in wine is important.
- An explanation of the different types of sulfur dioxide in an easy-to-understand way.
- The difference between “antioxidant” and “antimicrobial” terms and how it applies to sulfur dioxide.
- How to determine the appropriate free sulfur dioxide required to obtain a 0.85 ppm (molecular) concentration.
- How to calculate potassium metabisulfite additions to get to the desired free sulfur dioxide concentration in the wine.
- Resources for double checking your arithmetic!
- The importance of total sulfur dioxide and what clues it can provide you during wine production.
- How sulfur dioxide differs from other sulfur-containing compounds (e.g., mercaptans/thiols, disulfides) in wine.
- Sulfur dioxide strategies for high pH wines.
- How to make a sulfur dioxide addition.
- Proper preparation of the acidulated sulfur dioxide sanitizer.
Video length: 44 minutes…
Access reserved for Denise Gardner Winemaking Members and Consulting Clients.