- An explanation on dissociated and undissociated acids.
- A review on weak acids versus strong acids, and what makes wine a weak acid beverage.
- The various acids in wine.
- An explanation on the three forms of tartaric acid: tartaric, bitartrate anion, and tartrate anion.
- How pH and titratable acidity differ.
- pH and titratable acidity in wine: why they are important and what those numerical values describe.
- How pH influences wine “behavior” and stability.
- Parameters to look for when buying a pH meter.
- Good techniques for maintaining the pH and electrode life.
- Help with reviewing how to monitor a pH electrode. When is it time to buy a new one?
- Action steps for winemakers to get better at using wine pH to their advantage.
Video length: 38 minutes…