- Four ways in which sanitation practices influence wine quality.
- A review of the microorganisms that are commonly present in wine.
- The differences between the terms cleaning, sanitation, and sterilization. It matters when we talk about this topic!
- Four cleaning and sanitizing principles for production employees to remember.
- Reminders to develop Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- A four-step cleaning and sanitizing process (occasionally 5 steps if a rinse-required sanitizer is used) that will work in the winery.
- Winery equipment that commonly carries biofilms and is not sanitized properly.
- How to prepare equipment that has gone through proper cleaning and sanitation steps post-production.
Video length: 56 minutes…
Access reserved for Denise Gardner Winemaking Members and Consulting Clients.