- Harvest parameters for grapes destined for sparkling wine production with reference to standards used for Methode Champenoise wines.
- Ideal chemistry parameter ranges (e.g., pH, TA, alcohol) for the base wine destined for sparkling production.
- Brief review of phenolics and aromatics in sparkling wines.
- Ideal harvesting steps and parameters for making wines destined for sparkling production.
- Guidelines for fermentation and later blending decisions when making a base wine for sparkling.
- Cold stability, protein stability, and filtration operations for base wines made into sparkling wines.
- Quick review of ways to incorporate carbon dioxide into the wine.
- A list of suppliers that support sparkling wine operations in the U.S.
Video length: 49 minutes…
Access reserved for Denise Gardner Winemaking Members and Consulting Clients.